10 Celebrities Who Embrace the Frugal Life!
The glitz and glam of Hollywood often overshadow a lesser-known fact: not all celebrities are big spenders! Some, despite their immense wealth, choose a life of simple pleasures and savvy spending. Here’s a look at 12 celebrities who, despite their fortunes, stay shockingly down-to-earth when it comes to finances:
- Warren Buffett
- Pinching Pennies: Arguably one of the world’s wealthiest individuals, Buffett still lives in the same Omaha home he bought in 1958 for $31,500.
- Kristen Bell
- Budget Beauty: The “Frozen” star has openly declared her love for coupons, including the famed “Bed Bath & Beyond” coupon.
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Eco-Frugal: DiCaprio, passionate about the environment, often chooses to drive fuel-efficient cars over luxury ones and has been seen flying commercial.
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Hand-Me-Downs in the City: Parker’s son wears hand-me-downs from his older cousins, a conscious choice to teach him the value of money.
- Jay Leno
- Car Collector, Not Spender: Despite owning 150 cars, Leno claims to never spend his TV money and lives solely off his stand-up earnings.
- Ed Sheeran
- Daily Budget: For years, the pop sensation stuck to a daily spending allowance, even using bank accounts that limited his spending.
- Julia Roberts
- Green & Thrifty: The Oscar-winning actress loves to knit, a hobby that saves on buying gifts and also adds a personal touch.
- Dave Grohl
- Nirvana to Frugality: The Foo Fighters frontman, despite his success, has been open about his fears of going broke and is careful with his spending as a result.
- Tiffany Haddish
- Groupon Queen: Haddish loves a good deal and is an outspoken fan of Groupon, even taking Will & Jada Pinkett Smith on a Groupon swamp tour!
- Rob Gronkowski
- Touchdown Savings: The NFL star claims to have not touched a penny of his signing bonus or NFL contract money, living only on endorsement earnings.
These stars prove that whether you’re earning big box office bucks or a regular paycheck, it’s not what you earn but what you save that counts! Their frugal habits remind us that the charm of simplicity and the value of money remains, regardless of the size of one’s bank account.