Pacific Rim is committed to walking the walk regarding sustainable practices...no corporate "green washing
" there. They believe that making beautiful wines should not compromise the beauty of the planet.
* Certified Organic producer (Washington State Department of Agriculture)
* First and only Demeter certified Biodynamic wine in Washington State
* More than 160 acres of grapes under Biodynamic or Organic farming
* Banned non-sustainable vineyard practices, from hard herbicides to heavy watering
* Founder and active member of WineWise, a Washington State wine producers' sustainability group
* Founder and leader of a sustainability grape growers group
* Winery built to optimize electrical and water usage efficiency
* Exclusively use wild yeasts - no commercial yeasts
* Switched to low weight glass to reduce their glass use and their carbon footprint
* They do not bottle any wines above 100ppm total Sulfites - 1/3 of the legal limit
* They compost 100% of their pomace weight (a bi-product of grape crush)
* All promotional materials are printed on post- consumer waste/recycled paper
* 25% of their staff bike to work
Riesling Rules Third Edition is a comprehensive resource contains a slew of facts, figures and fun information about Riesling. They are constantly updating the book with new material and they encourage you to add your contribution in the comment box at the bottom of the individual pages.
Request your free printed copy today on their Facebook page.
This offer is only valid for residents of: